Tuesday, September 26, 2017

TUESDAY THANKS - KENYA JONES is thanked by GUNAA for her service. GUNAA's 5 Weeks to GRAMBLING State Homecoming. Kenya shares why she is The GREATEST Fan of Grambling State University😊🎉🐯




"I am Grambling's Greatest Fan because I love and respect my roots. I love Grambling so much that  When it comes down to choosing between GSU and my sorority, GSU wins hands down. Without my degree, I wouldn't be Greek so I keep it in perspective and remain loyal. 

I chose to become active in the Douglas L. Williams Alumni Chapter 15 years ago so that I can help uplift GSU in the Houston community. By volunteering in the community, it puts us in a limelight beyond sports and the band. Sure, we enjoy the games/parties but I like to talk about initiatives beyond the gridiron, above the rim, beyond the diamond, etc.   Recruiting is my passion, as I want to see GSU stay in the climb in enrollment and for the university to continue to flourish. I also keep in touch with our Houston students and their parents as I vow to not only just recruit them to GSU but to help retain them, and see them at the finish line of graduation. 

My degree has helped contribute to the success of my 20 year career in the hotel industry in which I am currently a Director of Sales for Marriott. I am a true Libra as I am always trying to keep my scales in balance with my career and giving back to GSU. 
In summary, this is why I am known to many as Loyal Tigress and why I feel as though I am Grambling's Greatest Fan. 

Fun Facts: 
I make GSU Spirit posters highlighting ESPN in slogans to get on tv. 

I have a Texas state Grambling State University license plate with my month and year that I graduated from GSU. 

I will be celebrating my 20 year reunion during Homecoming next month."

Kenya Jones



No comments:

Post a Comment