Friday, February 20, 2015

Meagan Good and Devon Franklin - Black History LOVE tribute Part 3: SUPPORT



Oh, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

(As I put both of my hands to my face like Maucaulay Culkin in Home Alone)

I just heard something very bad.

Some lovers think that foreplay starts in the bedroom. 

You Big Dummy (In my Fred Sanford’s voice). You are a real big dummy. DUMMY!

Love is an expression, a gift, and a blessing. Because, Lord knows it is hard to find the right one. When you do find the right one, then you have to keep that love fulfilled.

Eddie Murphy asked the ladies in RAW, “do you want to know why men cheat?” All  the ladies in the audience screamed, “WHY!!!!” Chris Rock said in Bigger and Blacker you got to take that love and flip it and make it new.

How do you do that?

You do that with SUPPORT.

There is  nothing sexier than knowing that someone you love has your back.  That your mate supports you with your dreams, your flaws, and your life journey.  When you know someone expresses their love by supporting you, it makes you want to hold them a little longer, caress them differently, and breakout a new move. Martin said it best in You So Crazy, “fellas before your lady leave for work. Tell her you love her.  All day she will be thinking, MY MAN LOVES ME”.

Selfishness should be a crime.  I think I should advocate to make SELFISHNESS against the law with a new bill. I hear so many powerful men, millionaires, white collar men, blue collar men, politicians, educators, etc. feel that the power of love is all in their body part. Lol!

Ok, it is part of the equation.  If there is no chemistry, where is the love? If you are selfish in your love making, where is the love?  Your money can’t touch your mate, your power can’t kiss your mate, and it is not what you have…it is how you work with what you have in addition to love, caring, and support.

Now, let’s MAKE LOVE.

I interviewed MEAGAN GOOD and DEVON FRANKLIN. Meagan a fellow entertainer gave me props after our interview.  Meagan said, “The GREATEST Fan…I like it.” Then she turned to Devon,  “baby that was fun…I like The GREATEST Fan”. In that moment, she empowered me to interview her husband. Meagan and I interview was funny as we talked about her great movie roles and her recent movie project titled, “Think Like A Man”.  Then, I interviewed Devon. We talked about what a MAN really wants when choosing a wife.  Meagan and I started laughing because we both  said on cue, "yes we are thinking like a MAN" during his interview. During the interview, others could see their support for each other and their love was evident to everyone.

Now, let me give you a visual. Meagan was to my left and Devon was to my right as I was facing them both. Body Language says a lot. During the entire interview, Devon was holding Meagan. Devon had his right hand wrapped around Meagan’s waist.

GIRL POWER. I was silently screaming for Meagan’s love and happiness, because I saw she had a good man and she was happy. 

After our interviews, Meagan and I had girl talk while Devon continued to hold her. I told Meagan she did GREAT in Arica’s video for the song titled, “Valley Girl”.  Arica is my former neighbor who is a TV personality known as Hazel E from Love and Hip Hop HOLLWOOD. I told Meagan I love the fact how she is always helping people from Hazel E, to the girl group that performed at BET’s Blaze the Stage, and her sister’s career.  During our conversation, Meagan turned to Devon and said, baby you remember Arica you met her when we were together.

STOP. 

Did you get that?

She could have continued our conversation. She didn’t want to exclude her husband. She wanted him to be involved in the conversation.  I saw the support they had for each other.

I told Meagan that she is beautiful. He loves you and he cares for you. Don’t let nothing come between your love.

Devon supports Meagan that is why they have phenomenal success and their love shines for all to see.  Devon is an executive at Sony. And Meagan Good is an actress that has entertained many for over 20 years.  They help each other by working with each other on some projects because…MEAGAN GOOD was a brand before Devon. And DEVON FRANKLIN was a respected movie executive before Meagan.

I never shared this story. I will share the story now because it is a testimony when you have support you can fly high above the skies.  I had a project in development with MTV. I was talking on the phone to Meagan’s mom, Tyra Doyle, who is her business manager about a project for Meagan’s sister, La’Myia Good.

Ms. Good had to take another call while I waited on hold for her. I heard her conversation. Meagan's mom, who is a strong business women, was talking on the phone fighting for a better rate for her daughter. I was humbled. Meagan Good is a beautiful woman and a talented actress...there is nothing to debate when it comes to payment. 

When Ms. Good returned to the phone, I told her I will update her with MTV television project as our call ended.  I prayed for Meagan as I too prayed for myself. In this world, you need someone who will be a LION IN YOUR DEFENSE. 

The rest is history, Meagan Good has a MAN that loves her, SUPPORTS her, and treasures her. That is what makes beautiful love making when you know someone has your back. You desire to explore love in and out the bedroom because your mate holds you down in and out of the bedroom. 

Now, we can all cume together.

No comments:

Post a Comment