Monday, February 23, 2015

John Stephens and Lonnie Lynn who? AKA John Legend and Common won Oscars for their theme song, “Glory” from Selma – Remembering Martin Luther King, Jr.


 
John Stephens and Lonnie Lynn WHO ?

 
Were echoed from many fans as they watched the Oscars from across the country.


The 87th Oscar Academy Award on February 22, 2015 was watched and adored my millions.
Emotions and tears were on the faces from the attendees as they watched Oscar Academy Award winners perform Common and John Legend perform “Glory”, which is Selma’s theme song at the Oscars.

 
Selma is a movie that highlighted the life of Martin Luther King, Jr. Oprah Winfrey did a GREAT performance in Selma.

Martin Luther King, Jr. legacy was “I have a DREAM”.  I met John Legend and his manager at the beginning of his dream.  They were so down to earth I ran out to buy his CD. Change with Snoop Dog was one my favorite songs off of his 1st album. Then John Legend and his manager, Troy Carter,  supported my dream. Manager was excited to be apart of my project that was in development with MTV. It is always a beautiful journey when you can support someone else DREAM, while striving for your DREAM and living your DREAM.


It is a beautiful thing when Martin Luther King, Jr. can inspire a dream…your dream.  A dream grows when you support someone else dream.

 
I met Munir Bashir Mahmud at Will Smith music studio.  While I was chilling at the studio, he asked me about my dream.  With enthusiasm, Munir said I want to help. I had a project in development with MTV. He referred me to Fergie, Neyo, and John Legend just to name a few. Plus, he set up an meeting for me with Interscope records to have access to their celebrities for my MTV celebrity project.
 
John Legend and Common did an amazing job capturing the struggle and triumph of Martin Luther’s King, Jr. journey. Not just Black history, they gave us American history.

Congratulations to John Legend and Common with their Oscars for best original song at the 2015 85th Oscar Academy Award Show!!!!

John Legend and Common FANS applaud to our Oscar historians!!! =)

Enjoy John Legend and Common Oscar performance of GLORY


 

Picture courtesy of www.theroot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment