Wednesday, January 4, 2017

NBC's Chicago PD has special appearance tonight with Hardball's Julian Griffith


JULIAN GRIFFITH is a GREAT actor who is most known for playing the role "Jefferson" in Hardball opposite KEANU REEVES.  I was honored to work in the movie with Julian. My scene was edited out ...it was ok because my friendship with his twin brother, RAMONE GRIFFITH and his Mother, JANITA WILSON, was a STAR TREASURER.

Now, Julian Griffith FANS will get to see him on NBC Chicago PD tonight at 9 PM Central Time.

I asked Julian about his journey from Hardball to Chicago PD and what message he has to his FANS.

Please read and enjoy~
How has my life been from Hardball until now? 
It has been over 15 years since the movie was released; 16 years since we filmed it. In these years, my life has been filled with a multitude of blessings, as well as many HUMBLING challenges and tests. I made a deal with my mother to take a break from acting until I finished High school. I graduated High school, was a star athlete in Baseball and was a member of the National Honors Society as well. I decided I wanted to pursue my dream of Pro Baseball, so I went to college on a Baseball Scholarship and graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Elementary Education. Afterwards, I achieved my goal of becoming a Professional Baseball player when I signed, as a free agent in 2014, to play for the Fort Worth Cats in Texas. In the past 3 years, I have signed 3 professional baseball contracts and have been blessed to travel and play ball in different places: Texas, Washington, Detroit, and even Puerto Rico. Unfortunately, I've battled through injuries, and the "politics" of Pro sports, and did not go as far as I hoped for, but it has been a blessing from God nonetheless. Since then, I give baseball lessons and coach around Chicago/Indiana, and run big baseball camps to try and give back to the community of children who are just as passionate about the game as myself. I, also, do a lot of "Broadway-style" theatre at Family Christian Center (Refuge Productions), a Mega church in Munster, IN. As I have made my transition back into acting, I have been blessed with an opportunity to appear on an Episode of "Chicago PD" (Episode 410). I am thankful that God has kept me through many storms in my life and has constantly prospered me in all aspects of life. I attend church regularly and serve in the Performing Arts Ministry where I am able to use my Talent to do God's work by reaching people, bringing them to the Alter and seeing them give their lives to Jesus. That satisfaction is more than enough for me. I'm a World Changer; that's what I want to be. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me in 2017!

To my fans/support:
Thank you all who have supported since Day 1, I love you all and I am humbly grateful for the love I receive. As God has been preparing me over the years for "My season"; I can confidently say, " I'm ready!" I'm back and I'm better than ever!

To the people who are hesitant about taking chances on their dreams:
Walk confidently and boldly in whatever it is you are passionate about. Don't let others discourage you from going after YOUR HAPPINESS. Do not be afraid to take risks because at the end of the day Psalms 23 says, " Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me!" God is with you and he did not give us a spirit of fear! Live life!

1 comment:

  1. I never knew about the movie Hardball simply because I was busy back in 2001 being a first time father(9/11 didn't help either).
    I first saw it on Netflix and loved Julian's character, Jefferson Albert Tibbs.
    I wish nothing but the best for Julian and hope he gets noticed and given a chance back in Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete