Tuesday, October 24, 2017

TUESDAY THANKS - President Russell LeDay is happy to serve GUNAA as President for Grambling University National Alumni Association with thankfulness. President LeDay has unified GUNAA as part of Grambling State University, because before GUNAA was separate from the university. In doing so, GUNAA and GSU work together to increase members and increase funding.



TUESDAY THANKS - President Russell LeDay is happy to serve GUNAA as President for Grambling University National Alumni Association with thankfulness.  President LeDay has unified GUNAA as part of Grambling State University, because before GUNAA was separate from the university. In doing so, GUNAA and GSU work together to increase members and increase funding.
Please continue to #BringItHome2017 at www.gram.edu/giving ".
GRAMBLING State Homecoming Week!
President Russell LeDay shares why he is The GREATEST Fan of Grambling State University?😊🎉🐯



"Why I am the Greatest Fan…

My name is Russell LeDay and I am the Greatest Grambling State University (GSU) Fan!!  I am the greatest fan of GSU, because Grambling State was the greatest fan of Russell LeDay.

When I graduated from high school, the only college scholarship that I received was from Grambling State University.  I was so excited, because I knew nothing about it, until it was announced at the commencement exercise.  Just so happened one of my teachers, Mr. Jesse Prudhome, was the President of the Opelousas Chapter of the Grambling University National Alumni Association (GUNAA).  Someone told him that I had decided to go to Grambling, so that alumni chapter gave me a scholarship. 

That act of kindness lead me to a life of commitment to Grambling State University and the Grambling University National Alumni Association. While a student at GSU, I chose to be very active and involved on campus, trying to make a difference in the lives of others, as had been done in my life by this alumni group.  Since graduating from GSU in 1982, I have consistently been an active member of GUNAA, having served in many capacities, including chapter president and currently National President of GUNAA.

My Love for Dear Ole Grambling, was also my reason for returning to my alma mater to work for 18 ½ years.  In addition, to my being the greatest fan, I encouraged both of my children, Rashaad and Raven, as well as my oldest nephew, James, and oldest niece, Brandy, to attend Grambling State University. 
Grambling being the place “Where Everybody is Somebody,” gave me the opportunity to develop effective leadership and gain confidence in administering.  My vision for GUNAA to get in formation to restore its foundation and enhance its legacy is deeply rooted in this philosophy.  While it will not be an easy nor quick fix, I believe that we are poised to take our Love for our alma mater to new heights through consistence support, strong advocacy, and loud cheerleading.  Please join me as a greatest fan and donate to the Legacy Fund of the Bring It Home Campaign.

This Grambling Greatest Fan was born and raised in Opelousas, Louisiana to Bernice Andrus and Roosevelt LeDay. Currently, resides in San Antonio, Texas and serves as the Staff Accountant for San Antonio for Growth on the Eastside." Russell LeDay

No comments:

Post a Comment