Tuesday, October 3, 2017

TUESDAY THANKS - CATHY CONWRIGHT is thanked by GUNAA for her previous service as President of the Dallas chapter for 6 years and currently serving as the Vice-President for GUNAA. GUNAA's 4 Weeks to GRAMBLING State Homecoming. Cathy Conwright shares why she is The GREATEST Fan of Grambling State University😊🎉🐯


I am the “Greatest Fan of Grambling State University” because I was “raised the Grambling way” since birth.  You see, Grambling was attended by ancestors on both my Mother’s side and my Father’s side. My mother’s uncle (Raymond L Henry) was one of the founders of the Gamma Gamma Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.. Then on my father’s side of the family, there were so many who went to Grambling that in 2014, my cousin (Hattie Wayne) decided to go for setting a Guinness Book of World Records.  WE DID IT!!!! We set a Guinness Book record for having the most people from the same family attend and graduate from the same University!!!!!  Our individual names are in the Guinness Book!!! I’m in the book, baby!

Yes, I was raised the “Grambling way”! As little children, we weren’t asked if we were going to college. We were asked what day we were going to “report in” to Grambling and get our room key!  I can recall days when I’d ride with my mom to bring my uncles back to campus on Sunday evening, after being home for the weekend.  The water fountain in the square was so beautiful! I used to look at it and think “I can’t wait til I’m here in school”!!!!

I am proud to say that both of my children went to Grambling! My 8-year-old grandson and my 6-year-old granddaughter will go there too!  I will continue to serve my beloved alma mater, as I do now, holding offices at both the local chapter and National level.  I will “fight for dear old Grambling” with everything in me, til my dying day.  When the good Lord calls me home, I will love to hear Him say “Come on up here, TigerDiva! Welcome home, thou good and faithful servant”!!!

-Cathy Conwright

No comments:

Post a Comment