Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Kingi Knox, Grambling State University Alumi, remembers Coach Eddie Robinson during Air Force Reserve Celebration before being on ESPN's SportsNation


Kingi Knox email to Cherie W Kirkland
Sunday, December 20, 2015

At Grambling State University, Coach Eddie Robinson asked me what my name means.  I did not like my name because it was hard for some people to pronounce I initial introductions.  Coach Rob said go find out what your name mean and tell me.  Week later, I saw Coach Rob, I told him my name came out of a mythology book that my mom picked and my father interprets it to be flexible and flow like the river because Kingi is name of a river in Africa.  Coach Rob gave me 2 tickets to Bayou Classic.  Later in years, I covered media and I was on NBC for Bayou Classic with the support of Super Bowl Quarterback MVP Doug Williams and Eddie Robinson, Jr.

Yesterday, on Saturday I thought I saw Cherie's daughter before ESPN SportsNation Road show.  I thought it would be nice to see Cherie.  I dismissed the thought because it wasn't planned.  At that moment, I thought of Coach Eddie Robinson and his dream for Bayou Classic, his accomplishments with College football, and how is responsible for many college athletes going to the NFL.

Later that day, I was on ESPN's SportsNation and met Jay Harris.  Happy to be at the AFR Celebration Bowl, but I felt a void. I missed Grambling.  Then, after the game I saw Cherie Kirkland and MY GRAMfam.  I told Cherie, "I saw your daughter today". She replied, "MY DAUGHTER IS NOTE HERE"  I replied, "WOW COACH EDDIE ROBINSON LEGACY LIVES ON"~

No comments:

Post a Comment