Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Saluting JAMIE FOXX during Black History month covered by Kingi Knox

During Black History Month, Kingi Knox with The GREATEST Fan salutes Oscar-award winning actor JAMIE FOXX for his amazing performance in “Ray” and to be able to entertain us with great music, comedy, and radio. Jamie Foxx depiction of Mr. Ray Charles earned him his very own Oscar and Jamie’s performance in a great movie was incredible and believable. It was amazing to meet Jamie Foxx and work with a man that is so humble.
By being a radio personality for Speedy's Comedy Corner, on Jamie Foxx FOXXHOLE channel and appearing on the Jamie Foxx Show, I was able to learn about the man, musician, and the mogul. I was able to watch Jamie Foxx interview Academy Award winning rap group Three 6 Mafia with fun and intelligence. He switched his style after interviewing Three 6 Mafia, when he interviewed the actress from Africa. During J. Foxx interviews, I was able to observe him singing impromptu style while Marques Anthony plays the keyboard for special celebrity musical guests. Jamie Foxx needs no introduction for we know his talents. I am more in awe of the person behind the mega-star. It is rare that you find a man on Jamie Foxx’ level that is part of our black royalty that goes out of his way to help others personally and professionally.

The night before the MTV Video Music Awards, I interviewed celebrities at the Frankie Beverly & Maze for twelve long hours. The next day, I did red carpet interviews at the MTV VMA’s and celebrity interviews at Dave Brown’s MTV VMA after party. By the time I made it to the after party, I was exhausted so I put my microphone away and out of nowhere actors/comedians Shawn Wayans and Affion Crockett took their water bottles out and they said to me, “Oh, you NOT doing any more interviews…WE ARE GOING TO INTERVIEW YOU!” All of this going on, the whole while, I had no idea Jamie Foxx was watching me. I went to say hello to Johnny Mack and Jamie. I was surprised what had happened when Jamie Foxx gave me the “thumbs up.” At that point, it was like I had a Red Bull energy drink boost and I pulled out my microphone to conduct another (2) two hours of interviews. I learned a very important life lesson that day. You can build up a person with your words or actions and at that moment Jamie Foxx empowered me.

I was fortunate to work with a talented radio ensemble cast on Jamie Foxx Sirius XM FOXXHOLE channel. It was fantastic to work with and learn from the Speedy’s Comedy Corner radio personalities Speedy, Lewis Dix, Corey Holcomb, Tanjareen Martin, Rodney Perry, Clayton Thomas, and Zo Williams. Brandy Palmer, Executive Producer of FOXXHOLE live, and Marcus “LY” Kirkwood, FOXXHOLE Engineer, encouragement and support propelled me with creativity while I was a radio personality for FOXXHOLE. It was great to be under the direction of Foxxhole producers Johnny Mack and Guy Black. I am forever grateful for FOXXHOLE Executive Producer, Marcus King, who allowed me to conduct FOXXHOLE interviews at Grambling State University homecoming of students, fans, and faculty that elected President Barack Obama.

“I salute you, Jamie Foxx, for your ICONIC talents and I am grateful for you opening doors for me and radio personalities”, Kingi Knox.

Written by: Kingi Knox
Edited by: Ashley Lyons



Kingi Knox with The GREATEST Fan connecting the coolest FANS to the hottest celebrities!
www.thegreatestfan.tv
www.facebook.com/kingi.knox

No comments:

Post a Comment